Apply for Unemployment Benefits with Texas Workforce Commission (TWC)
According to their website. To apply for benefits you'll need the following information:
- Last employer's business name and address
- First and last dates (month, day and year) you worked for your last employer
- Number of hours worked and pay rate if you worked this week (including Sunday)
- Information related to your normal wage
- Alien Registration Number (if not a U.S. citizen or national)
Industry-Related Financial Assistance
- Travis County: Texas Workforce Solutions Capitol Area. Also check out their Jobs Now listings
- Williamson County: Texas Workforce Solutions Rural Capital Area
- HEB is hiring short-term store hourly positions. H-E-B Careers list available positions and allows you to apply online.
- Walmart announced their hiring 150,000 new temporary hires. View Walmart Careers in Austin or Walmart Careers in San Antonio to view openings and apply.
- Amazon announced they're hiring 100,000 warehouse and delivery workers. View Amazon delivers.jobs .
- Community Impact just posted an article which may be helpful. For Those Left Unemployed Because Of The Coronavirus, Several Austin Employers are Hiring Right Now.
OTHER RESOURCES & RELEVANT NEWS
- KUT 90.5 compiled a list of resources on How to Get Help and Help in Austin during the Coronavirus Pandemic.
- CBS Austin has a list of Local Resources Available to Help You During the COVID-19 Outbreak.
- Hot Meals and/or Groceries from the Central Texas Food Bank.
- IRS will move tax filing deadline to July 15th in response to COVID-19. Read the full CNBC article.